The back labor started hurting around 5am. The nurses suggested a shower but that did not help a bit. I was just wet and in pain. I laid down on Rick's cot with my own pillow and blanket and Rick laid next to me putting pressure on my lower back and keeping the area warm.
The nurses came in and put in my IV and started me on Pitocin. Around 8am, the anestesiologist came in and gave me my epidural. Within 10 minutes, I relaxed enough for my water to break and to dilate to about 5 cm.
Once the drugs kicked in, I could feel the pressure of contractions but not the pain. That's when we started getting visitors - Rick's parents, my mom, my sister Lorraine, Rick's brother Steve, and our family friend, Dianne. They had a party in the room while I was progressing to 10 cm. And let's not forget Aunt Pam who delivered Alexa.



No comments:
Post a Comment