Friday, October 09, 2009

Alexa's 6 Year Checkup

Alexa had a good doctor visit today. She finally gained a little weight - she is 44.5 lbs (with full clothes) and 46.25 inches tall. That is 40th percentile in weight and 55th percentile in height. Her BMI is 14.8 which puts her into the 37th percentile. Healthy all around.

Caitlin came with us so that she could get her flu shot. She didn't like that. She liked the doctor but told me the nurse hurt her (with the shot).

We missed a little bit of discussion -- and I realized later they never checked Alexa's vision -- because Caitlin was all over. First she picked off a piece of her toenail and tried to give it to the doctor. Then she got it in her mouth and tried to eat it. Then I got her to take it out, only to have her try to give it to the doctor again. Finally, I could get it away from her and throw it out. Then Caitlin found the sink. She kept washing her hands and she soaked her shirt. I can't complain too much though - she missed nap and we were at the doctor's office for almost two hours total.

No comments:

Post a Comment